The IT Officer will work closely with the IT Executive to manage, maintain and develop the organisations IT Services both nationally and internationally.
To establish themselves for being the first point of contact for first line support, and to provide high levels of support to users and build a rapport with users.
Key tasks/Job objectives:
Being the primary point of contact for IT Support
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, and devices.
- Setting up accounts for staff, providing induction training and resolving login issues.
- Dealing with 1st/2nd line support issues.
- Dealing with ad-hoc IT admin
Proactively keeping/maintaining services
- Maintaining records of software licences
- Maintaining and development of cloud based services
- Managing video conferencing systems and deploying to international offices
- Assisting in supporting organisational services including, HR, Finance & CRM
- Documenting network problems and resolution for future reference.
Supporting growth and development
- Working with the IT Executive on IT projects throughout the organisation
- Supporting international offices, some international travel may be involved
- Investigating and researching services to suit the organisation
Maintaining services and supplies
- Assist in the purchasing of new equipment
- Maintain meeting room IT services
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Maintaining IT inventory and managing the equipment loan process
- Supporting the telephone system
Security, training & best practices
- Proactively resolving anti-virus, malware issues
- Writing user guides and manuals
- Ensuring security breaches are reported and resolved effectively
- Ensuring systems and IT projects meet security and data protection requirements
- Assist in testing and developing security procedures
- To work under the direction of the IT Executive and support the IT Executive to ensure the IT department runs effectively and meets the needs of the organisation
- This is a support role and flexibility and resourcefulness will be required to meet of the users
- This role will involve training users and will require some international travel.
How to apply
For an informal confidential discussion about the role, contact our advising consultant Tristan Shirley on 0207 405 4999. Closing date is Friday 17th March 2017. You can see the job role on the Prospectus website here.